Wednesday, May 25, 2011


I hope I become half the woman my Mother is.
She is the most beautiful, smart, kind-hearted person.
I want to be a mother like she is. I want to become the nurse she has become.
I admire her love for children and the sick, and I thank God she passed down her wonderful traits to me.

I ask God everyday why we're dealt the cards we have been given. I still don't understand why a woman like my mother, who worked so hard to get where she is today, has to work 2 jobs as a pediatric nurse practitioner, care for 3 kids in college, and mother a step granddaughter. But no matter what, she always carries everything with love. And she loves us more than anyone could imagine. I dream of the day when we're graduated and she can enjoy time off.

I've learned from her- 
to always smile and be happy, don't let people know you're falling on the inside. And maybe I learned it a little too well, as for I never share my emotions (well maybe to Gracie). 
I've learned from her- 
that children are God's most precious gifts to life and we must love them unconditionally...thus leading to my dream of becoming a pediatric oncology nurse. The reward of seeing a child smile outweighs all negatives.
I've learned from her- 
to enjoy the quiet times, because they so rarely happen (especially in a family with 5 kids, 1 grandchild, and 5 dogs)
I've learned from her-
that we ALL make mistakes, some you would never expect, but that doesn't mean we aren't good people. You live, you learn. And I thank her for letting us "live" and finding life on our own.

But the one thing I'm not sure I will ever learn, is why, if we do good, are we not given good in return? Life is all about numbers and money, and I hate that. I have become a very hard worker just like my mother and I still haven't seen it "pay off" yet. It's almost the harder I push forward, the more of a struggle it is. She tells me that this will all be worth it in the end, and I know it will, because I won't settle for less, but it's hard waiting around for the "worth it" when it seems like it's taking forever. 
Until then I guess I'll keep trucking through and keep smiling (dreaming of the future).

I love you Mama. I am so blessed to have the greatest best friend in the whole world. I guess that's why I'm so picky about friends, because I know there's no one I could trust better, have more fun with, or love more.

xoxo
Peace & Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment